Primary Education Completion Examination, 2017
Time—2 hours and 30 minutes
Set Code: 302
[N.B.—The figures in the right margin indicate full marks of the questions. Answer all the questions]
1. Write the correct answer in the answer script: – Marks 1 × 24=24
1) Which one below is an improper fraction?
a7/8) b) 10/11 c) 6/5 d) 1 1/3
2) If 3, 0, 4 and 5 oranges in four baskets respectively, what will be the average number of oranges in each basket?
a) 3 b) 4 c) 12 d) 48
3) 0.1 × 0.1 × 0.1=?
a) 0.1 b) 0.01 c) 0.001 d) 0.111
4) If 334 mangoes divided among 15 persons, how many will be remainder?
a) 2 b) 4 c) 6 d) 8
5) In which century is contained the year 1952?
a) Eighteen-century b) Nineteenth-century c) Twentieth-century d) Twenty-first century
6) A person can ride bicycle 120 km daily, how many days are needed to ride 480 km?
a) 3 days b) 4 days c) 30 days d) 40 days
7) The value of proper fraction always –
a) equal to 1 b) smaller than 1 c) bigger than 1 d) 2 times bigger than 1
8) 300 persons can do a work in 20 days. How many persons will complete the work in 40 days?
a) 15 b) 60 c) 150 d) 600
9) 0.25 × 0.4 = ?
a) 1 b) 0.1 c) 0.01 d) 0.001
10) 2700 kg _____ 2 metric ton. Which symbol below is correct for the blank space?
a) < b) > c) = d)
11) In which of these shapes are every angle right angle?
a) Rectangle and rhombus b) Rhombus and parallelogram c) Square and rectangle d) Square and rhombus
12) Which one below is correct?
a) ( 10 × 3) ÷ (5 × 2) = 40 b) ( 10 ×3) × (5 ×2) = 40 c) (10 × 3) – ( 5 × 2) = 40 d) ( 10 × 3) + ( 5 × 2) = 40
13) What is the largest number of person among who can be divided after bringing down 25 mangoes from a tree and 75 lychees from another tree?
a) 3 b) 5 c) 25 d) 75
14) There is 4/7 litre milk in a cup. How much milk will have such 4 cups?
a) 16/7 litters b) 28/16 litters c) 4/7 litters d) 1/7 litters
a) 3% b) 15% c) 20% d) 60%
16) According to 2/3, 4/5 and 4/6 which are the fractions having common numerator in the options below?
a) 4/6,4/5,4/6 b) 8/12,8/10,8/12 c) 16/24,16/20,16/24 d) 32/48,32/40,32/48
17) The price of one dozen pencils is 48 taka. What is the price of 8 pencils?
a) 6 taka b) 16 taka c) 24 taka d) 32 taka
18) Which of the following is equal to (35÷5)+14?
a) 2×(5+34) b) (2×5)+34 c) 34×(5×2) d) 11+(5×2)
19) 2 kg 400 gram + 3 kg 600 gram = ?
a) 5000 gram b) 5400 gram c) 5600 gram d) 6000 gram
20) ( 7+X) ×3=30, what is the value of ‘X’?
a) 23 b) 10 c) 9 d) 3
21) Which of the following is not correct?
a) Multiplicand × Multiplier = Product b) Multiplicand ÷ Multiplier = Product c) Product ÷ Multiplicand = Multiplier d) Product ÷ Multiplier = Multiplier
22) 20% of 120 kilograms = ?
a) 20 kilograms b) 24 kilograms c) 100 kilograms d) 120 kilograms
23) If there is no bracket in a mathematical sentence, which of the following will you do first?
a) addition b) subtraction c) multiplication d) division
24) Which of the following is the formula for a parallelogram area?
a) length × width b) one side length × one side length c) base × height d) (base × height) ÷ 2
Answer in short in the answer script : – 1 × 10 = 10
a) What is the name of the fraction of 3/2?
c) The price of 1 dozen lemons is 60 taka. What is the price of 4 lemons?
d) Dia is 10 years old. How many years have to add to twice of her age to get 24?
e) What is the average of 10,20,40 and 50?
f) 3/8 portion of a white tape was colored red. What portion of the tape remained white?
g) The quotient of two numbers is 12. If one number is 4, what is the other number?
h) How many common factors are there in the numbers of 12 and 15.
i) A postcard or blackboard or a door is a rectangle in shape. What type of angles do these have?
j) The weight of one mango is 0.75 kg. How much weight such 8 mangoes?
3. The total price of 24 bananas and 40 lychee is 392 taka. If the price of a banana is taka 8.
a) What is the price of a lychee? 3
b) If the number of bananas was 6 more, what will be the total price of bananas? 2
c) If the price of a lychee is least taka 1, how many more lychees will get than before? 3
The sum of the ages of Miraz and Mahmud is 88 years. The age of Miraz is 3 times that the Mahmud.
a) How many times are more ages of Mahmud the sum of the ages of Miraz and Mahmud are the sum of the ages of Miraz and Mahmud? 4
b) What is the age of Mahmud? 2
c) What will be the age of Miraz after 5 years? 2
4. 60 Kg rice, 40 kg flour and 32 kg dal are bought for distributing among some flood affected families.
a) What is the largest number of families among whom rice and flour can be divided equally? 2
b) What is the largest number of families among whom rice,dal and flour can divided equally? 3
c) If the quantity of dal is having 12 kg less then what is the largest number of families among whom rice, dal and flour can be divided equally? 3
Fahad bought some Sapling for his garden. If he plants 10, 12 and 15 Sapling in every row respectively, then –
a) What the minimum number of sapling he can plant without remainder? 4
b) If the number of saplings is 68, how many will remain? 2
c) If leaving the remainder 2 in each case, what will be the total number of sapling? 2
5. Mr. Karim went to market with 600 taka. He bought rice for 150 1/4 taka , dal for 120 1/4 taka and fish for 109 1/2 taka.
a) Total how much money did he spend? 3
b) What about of taka remained him after marketing? 2
c) If he buys the double quantity of rice then how much total taka will he cost? 3
1/2 portion of a bamboo was colored green, 1/3 portion was colored blue and remained 2 meters was colored yellow for the occasion of annual sports.
a) What portion of the bamboo was colored yellow? 4
b) What is the length of the bamboo? 2
c) How many meters of the bamboo was colored blue? 2
6. The weight of 6 guavas is 58 grams, 50 grams, 60 grams, 52 grams, 54 grams and 56 grams respectively.
a) What is the average weight of the guavas? 3
b) What is the average of first three guavas? 2
c) What is the difference between the weights of the first three and last three guavas? 3
The following chart shows about Lia’s study hours of each day from Saturday to Thursday last week : –
a) How many average hours did Lia study every day? 3
b) What is the difference between last 2 days and first 2 days study? 2
c) If Lia studies 5 hours every day what will be total more hours for study? 3
7. Reza’s weight is 36.5 kg and his younger brother and his father’s weight are 0.8 times and 1.6 times of his weight, respectively. Find his brother’s na dhis father’s weight. 8
15,000 taka was borrowed froma bankl for 5 years with annual interst of 8%. How much taka should pay back 5 years later? 8
8. Answer any two of the followings : –
a) i) Draw a square whose length of one arm is 3 cm. 3
ii) Write two characteristics of the drawn square. 2
b) A rectangular shape paper whose length 4 cm and breadth 3 cm.
i) Draw a figure as like as the paper. 3
ii) Write two characteristics of the dawn figure. 2
c) i) Draw a circle of radius 2 cm. 3
ii) Write two characteristics of the drawn circle. 2
a) What is the area of above figure? 2
b) Divide the figure into two triangles and find out the area of one triangle. 3
c) If extended length 2 cm and breadth 1 cm of the figure, what will be the area? 3
A rectangular region is formed by two adjoining and non-overlapping triangular regions of the same size; the length of the rectangular is 16 metre and breadth is 12 metre.
) What is the area of the rectangular region? 3
b) What is the area of each triangular region? 2
c) If the length of the rectangular region is 2 metres extended, what will be the area of the region? 3
10. Village [A] has 550 people in the area of 50 square km and village [B] has 320 people in the area of 20 square km. In which village do people live more densely? 8
Prepare a table with tally and number by using the following data in class interval 5 :- 8